How P42+ Works
Once you have signed up and installed P42+, you can:
- Manage your Repository settings,
- Let P42+ (automatically) perform an analysis of your codebase, and
- Review the refactoring and modernization suggestion details.
P42+ automatically analyzes all code changes or commits made to the default branch of a GitHub repository . It also analyzes all pull requests made (to all branches) in the GitHub repository.
To get started, sign up to P42+ with your GitHub account. Then log in to P42+ and choose the GitHub repositories where you want to install the P42+ app. You can select public or private GitHub repositories, depending on your P42+ plan.
- The P42+ installation is complete,
- There are code changes or commits made to the default branch of the repository, and
- Commit checks are enabled and pull requests are made to the repository.
ℹ️ P42+ codebase analysis run time depends on the number of files and complexity of the source code in each repository.
P42+ automatically reruns the codebase analysis when any changes are detected in the source code (e.g. new commits), or when new suggestions are available.